15 Steps Challenge
Our 15 Steps Challenge was set up following a comment from a patients mother who said, "I can tell what kind of care my daughter is going to get within 15 steps of walking onto the ward".
We want to make sure that a patients first impression of our services is a good one. We're looking for volunteers to join our small team, led by a professional development nurse, to visit our community and mental health wards and outpatient clinics to collect feedback and help us make improvements.
You'll be able to visit our services within your chosen area. Our main sites are:
- Prospect Park Hospital, Reading
- St Marks Hospital, Maidenhead
- Upton Hospital, Slough
- Wokingham Hospital, Wokingham
- West Berkshire Community Hospital, Thatcham
- Other clinical services across Berkshire
Your findings will be passed back on to managers and teams to help them improve both the physical space our services operate in and the impression our staff give to patients.
We're looking for volunteers who can commit about 3 hours per visit, once or twice a year.
Personal characteristics/specification for this role:
- Friendly and approachable manner
- An understanding of confidentiality
- Enthusiastic and well presented
This role includes:
- A supported visit to wards, community health & mental health wards and outpatient clinics
- Feeding back observations and impressions through debrief discussions
We can offer:
- A chance to visit a number of locations and experience different aspects of our work
- An insight into the role and responsibilities of non-executive directors and governors
If you're interested in volunteering with the 15 Steps Challenge team, please contact Sue Wheeler, Coordinator
Phone: 01753 635698