search Menu

Make a complaint

We’re committed to providing outstanding care.

If you have had a bad experience with one of our services, we want to know so we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Unfortunately, we’re unable to investigate complaints if you’re taking legal action against us, or seeking financial compensation.

We might not be able to investigate your complaint if it’s about something that happened more than 12 months ago.

Read our full Complaints policy and procedure (pdf)

See our complaint reports

There are different ways to contact us to share your concerns.

Contact our PALS team

If you’ve had a bad experience with a particular service, you can share your concern with the service team directly, if you're happy to. 

Our PALS team can assist you if you need support.

Call 0118 904 3467

Email PALS@berkshire.nhs.uk  

Contact our complaints office

If you’ve spoken to the service staff and you’re unhappy with the outcome, you can contact our Complaints Office.

Our team is available between 9.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

If you leave a message with us, we’ll get back to you within two working days.

Call 0118 904 3420

Fax 01344 415627

E-mail Complaints@berkshire.nhs.uk 

We’ll contact you to confirm your request and your details. If you’re happy for us to do so, we’ll talk to the staff or agencies who may be involved.

We’ll follow the standard NHS regulations and assign a senior manager to your request. 

Once we’ve finished investigating, our Chief Executive, Julian Emms, will send you a formal response by post.

Read our full Complaints policy and procedure (pdf)

Send a formal complaint letter

If you would like to make a formal complaint, please put your concerns in writing to:

Julian Emms
Chief Executive
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
London House
London Road
RG12 2UT 

If you’re not happy with our formal response to your complaint, or if you have any questions, please let us know.

We’ll look into the way we’ve investigated your complaint or arrange a meeting with you to discuss in detail what we found.

If you still wish to take your complaint further, you can ask for an independent review from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman within 12 months of the date from when you became aware of the issue in question. 

Call 0345 015 4033

Visit Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website (opens new browser tab)

Contact them in writing:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP

You can also contact advocacy groups for independent advice if you have concerns about our services.

The groups mentioned here are for guidance only. 

The Advocacy People

You can get independent support to make a formal complaint by contacting The Advocacy People

Call  0330 440 9000

Visit The Advocacy People website (opens new browser tab)

Advocacy in Slough

If you live in Slough, Advocacy in Slough provide support if you have concerns about mental health and social care services, independent care, or other health concerns.

Call 01753 415229 

Email: info@advocacyinslough.org.uk 

Visit the Advocacy in Slough website (opens new browser tab)

Read about their NHS Complaints advocacy (opens new browser tab)

Read about their Mental Health advocacy (opens new browser tab)

Read about their Care & Support advocacy (opens new browser tab)

Read about their Children and Young Persons advocacy (opens new browser tab)