Our library provides our staff, placement students, carers and other NHS members, with access to a range of printed and electronic materials, including books, articles, journals and research publications.
We can also help you with evidence searching to support your decision making, and offer training to help you develop your own searching skills.
While our library isn’t open for general public use, we do have a range of self-help books and materials that carers can borrow.
Berkshire Healthcare staff
Our library is free to use for all our staff and any students who are on placement with us, plus any other organisations that have agreed access arrangements, such as public health staff in Berkshire West.
Staff from other NHS South Trusts
If you’re working for another NHS South Trust or GP Practice, you can visit our library or contact us to loan books and access references.
If you work for another NHS organisation, you may be able to use our services for a fee. Contact us to find out more.
If you’re a member of staff or a visitor, please complete the membership form to join our library.
Unfortunately, our library isn’t open for general public use. There are a range of libraries across Berkshire open to everyone, such as:
We have many resources available to all Trust staff and students. Some resources can also be accessed by other NHS staff and visitors. If you need help finding books or resources, contact us and we’ll see how we can help.
An NHS OpenAthens account gives access to our library resources and clinical tools listed here.
Books and e-resources
- Browzine – browse our journal collection
- ClinicalKey and ClinicalKey Nursing– access books and articles on Nursing and Psychiatry
- DiscoverIt – search, access and download eBooks and journal
- Internurse – access the UK’s largest collection of peer-reviewed nursing content including British Journal of Nursing (BJN)
- Library catalogue – find a full list of our books
- PEPWeb – an archive collection of psychoanalytic journals, classic books and videos
- Stahl eBooks – access Cambridge portfolio of neuropsychopharmacology books by Dr Stahl
- BMJ Best Practice
- Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry 13th edition
- Royal Marsden Manual of Nursing Practice
- UpToDate – access is via the resources tab in NHS OpenAthens
- NICE Evidence – find selected authoritative evidence in health, social care and public health
- My Journals – find the full text from a reference
If you need help researching evidence you can submit a request to our team.
We also regularly run Finding the Evidence Workshops. Contact us to learn more and book your place.
Sign up for our KnowledgeShare service and we’ll contact you whenever we find highly relevant evidence documents related to your field.
We can provide training and support – in person or via Microsoft Teams – on how to search for evidence, accessing journals, using Twitter, and making the most of your NHS OpenAthens account.
Contact us to find out more.
You can visit our library between the following times:
|8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 5pm||Closed||Closed|
You can also contact Reception at Prospect Park to arrange access to the library outside these hours, by email or by calling us.
Call 0118 9605012