Careers event for students
Thinking about a career as a psychological therapist? Join our next careers event on Wednesday 5 October.
Find out more about our different professions and book your place at our event (opens new browser tab)
A career in Psychological Provision with us means you’ll be providing outstanding and rewarding care, to people having a difficult time with their mental health and wellbeing.
We have opportunities across a wide range of our services, with support to help you build your career.
We regularly post our opportunities on this page, but here are some examples of the valuable support you may be providing:
- Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to help a young person manage their eating disorder
- Supporting a person living with long term recurrent depression, as an adult psychotherapist with our community mental health teams (CMHT)
- Working as a clinical psychologist to help a person with a learning disability feel more independent, and boost their wellbeing
Get in touch to find out more and check back here regularly.
What it’s like to work for us
While working for us, you can expect:
- Opportunities across a wide range of our services
- Support to help you build the career you want and pursue your goals
- Training and education opportunities to help you build your skills
- Opportunities to learn from our specialist teams how we provide outstanding patient care and support
- Professional development opportunities to progress in your career
Are you looking to pursue a career as a psychological therapist?
You may be on an A-level Psychology or Undergraduate Psychology course, or undertaking another relevant degree that still enables you to go on to further training as a psychological therapist, such as an Art Degree if you are considering a career as an Art Therapist.
Or you may already have a profession, but you’re looking for a change.
Book your place at our next Meet a Psychological Therapist event. We’re planning to run these events at least two times per year.
About our professions
Read our leaflets and watch our videos to learn more about each profession (opens new browser tab)
Book your place
Our next event is Wednesday 5 October 2022.
When you book your place, you can request to meet up to 3 meet a psychological therapists.
Book your place at our next event using Eventbrite (opens new browser tab)
We often have training opportunities for MSc, Doctorate and Psychotherapy training placement with our psychological therapists.
Some of our services occasionally offer honorary opportunities to psychology graduates, including research and audit, which will be advertised here.
When you volunteer with us, you’ll be making a difference for our teams, patients and communities.
You could be welcoming visitors, supporting our busy reception teams, or providing practical and emotional support to our patients.
Look at our latest volunteer roles (opens new browser tab)
See our latest opportunities on the NHS Jobs website (opens new browser tab)
You can also follow us on social media to hear about the latest opportunities and future career events.
Follow us on Twitter (opens new browser tab)
Follow us on Facebook (opens new browser tab)
Follow us on LinkedIn (opens new browser tab)