As a newly qualified health professional, we know that you’re looking for opportunities to use your skills and gain valuable experience.
When you join our preceptorship programme, you’ll be an active member of our team, helping our patients in their recovery with often challenging Mental Health conditions.
Whether you’re interested in a clinical and or operational route we can guide you towards your desired career pathway.
Prospect Park Hospital (PPH)
Based a short journey away from the centre of Reading, we provide a place of nurture and compassion for patients.
Our Mental Health Inpatient service consists of four adult acute, one specialist dementia, one functional older adults ward, one PICU and a Place of Safety.
We also have a library on site, which offers a wide range of resources to help you study and research.
From your first week induction, to your daily shifts, we’ll provide you with the training and development you need to help our patients, and progress your career – such as:
- Leadership development programmes
- Career clinics
- Involvement in working parties and steering groups
- Job shadowing
- Full induction week
- Local and Trust wide Preceptee networks
- Over 100 free training and development opportunities via our SLATE system
- Six development days
We may also be able to offer secondments and apprenticeship opportunities.
Space group sessions
“Run monthly by our Nurse Consultant and HR Manager, our space group sessions provide an opportunity for reflection and to catch up with your colleagues, as well as valuable training, including:
- Place of safety function
- The Duty Senior Nurse role
- Risk & safety planning
- Insight into PICU
- Appraisal preparation & Career planning
- Mental health Act in operation
- Capacity assessment competence
- Wound Care
- MHA tribunal report writing
As well as a joining a welcoming team and a great place to work, we can also offer:
- Salary of £24,907 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Sick leave in your first 12 months service (one month full pay and two months half pay)
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities, including access to our onsite clinical library
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous pension plan
By joining our preceptee programme, you’ll also be joining one of the UK’s leading Mental Health and Community Hospitals as we recently achieved a CQC rating of Outstanding.