Equality and diversity at work
We value all of our staff equally and know the importance of having diverse skills, knowledge and experience to provide excellent local healthcare.
We’re therefore taking every step possible to make sure that existing and potential staff are treated fairly, and with dignity and respect throughout our recruitment process and their career with us. We make all employment related decisions based solely on objective organisational factors and the job related criteria.
We want to make sure that our workplaces are free from discrimination, harassment and bulling and are committed to reducing and removing all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination based on the nine protected characteristics:
- Marital or civil partnership status
- Disability (this includes cancer and HIV)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Gender reassignment
- Pregnancy and maternity
We also don’t discriminate on any of the following:
- Domestic circumstances
- Social and employment status
- Having or not having dependants
- Political affiliation or trade union membership
- Any other basis not justified by law or required by the job role
We will take steps to ensure that all our staff work in an organisation which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.