Benefits and wellbeing
As well as job satisfaction and personal development, we can offer you a range of benefits to help you maintain and enjoy your work-life balance.
- Exclusive high street discounts at your favourite shops and restaurants
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives in your local area (e.g. yoga, football teams, lunchtime walking club and more)
- Access to one of the most generous pension schemes in the UK
- Buy a new bicycle through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Drive a new car through our lease car scheme and salary sacrifice scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for our eligible staff
- The opportunity for flexible working (depending on which service you’re in)
- Access to our three on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers (visit our Nurseries website to find out more - opens in a new tab)
The care we provide doesn’t stop with our patients – your wellbeing is our top priority. We know that the demands of caring for others can be difficult and it’s our responsibility to make sure you’re cared for too.
By joining us, you’ll have access to a number of wellbeing tools and services that are here to support you when you need it most.
- Occupational health
- CIC (our independent and confidential support and counselling service)
- Wellbeing Matters, our staff mental health and wellbeing hub, offers free wellbeing apps, a Wellbeing Line, self-help, financial aid, support for your family and more. It’s for all health and social care staff who live or work in Berkshire, no matter what role or team you work in. (Visit the Wellbeing Matters website - opens in a new tab)
- Talking Therapies Stress Less courses (visit the Talking Therapies website to find out more - opens a new tab)
- Access to peer support through our staff networks (LGBTandFriends, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), and the Purple Network) (Visit our staff networks webpage to find out more - opens in a new tab)
- Suite of wellbeing videos, on desk yoga, mindfulness and meditation
- A range of activities focused on your health and wellbeing (e.g. Time to Talk, Macmillan coffee mornings, Sport In Mind activities and more)