Wound management (Tissue Viability)
We can offer you specialist advice and treatment if you’re suffering from a skin and soft tissue wound including serious surgical wounds, pressure ulcers and leg ulcers.
We work alongside your other healthcare professionals to make sure that your wounds are treated with the best care possible.
Your current healthcare provider (at your GP surgery, clinic or hospital) will assess your wound and, if they think it needs further treatment, will refer you on to our team.
We’ll arrange for a member of our team to come and carry out a further assessment of your needs and to spend some time talking about treatment options, including:
- Advice for a wound that is quickly worsening
- Advice for a wound that is not reacting to treatment
- Advice for symptoms e.g. wound pain or infection
- Topical Negative Pressure Therapy
- Larvae therapy
- Patients with an ankle brachial pressure index (ABPI)
- Open wounds surrounded by dying tissue, with symptoms such as bleeding or odour (also known as fungating wounds)
We’ll then work with you and your current healthcare provider to create a care plan that gives you the best treatment available.
To access our service, you’ll need to be registered with a Berkshire GP or currently admitted to a Berkshire inpatient unit.
Your current healthcare provider will need to assess the wound before making a referral to our service through the HealthHub:
Call 0300 365 1234
Self-help is also available through:
- NHS choices
- Your local pharmacy
- Your nearest walk-in center
- NHS 111
Our service is open at the following times:
|8.30am - 4.30pm||8.30am - 4.30pm||8.30am - 4.30pm||8.30am - 4.30pm||8.30am - 4.30pm|