Wrap up warm this winter
Recent temperatures have been falling. As we prepare for freezing fog and icy temperatures NHS England has put together simple steps you can take to stay warm and well this winter.
Top tips on how you can Stay Well This Winter:
- Keeping warm - Keeping warm indoors and outdoors is important, so add extra layers of clothing and heat your home to at least 18°C if you can.
- Visit your pharmacy - If you are beginning to feel unwell, don't wait for it to get worse. Visit your local pharmacist for advice.
- Dial 111 - If you need help urgently call 111 for advice, assessment and to be directed to the best treatment.
- Visit your GP - This winter more appointments are available at your local GP at evenings and weekends.
- If you have a long term condition - Cold weather warnings are in place for much of England, and people with long term health conditions such as asthma should take extra care. Find out how to keep your symptoms under control.
- It's not too late to get your free flu vaccination - If you have a long term condition, are pregnant, or 65 and over - you can receive your free vaccination from your GP or local pharmacy. If you have children aged 2 or 3 please arrange an appointment with your GP. Children from Reception to school year 5 will receive their vaccination at school.