New Thames Valley Integrated Urgent Care 111 service has launched
People across the Thames Valley (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire) will have new and improved access to urgent care services from September 2017.
The new Thames Valley 111 service will give access a wide range of clinical care through a single call, including dental, pharmacy and mental health services, making sure patients get the right care, first time.
This new service is provided by South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) in collaboration with ourselves, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and Buckinghamshire Healthcare.
From day one, the service will offer enhancements over the current 111 service including:
- GP clinical leadership and triage within the service
- dental nurse assessment
- community psychiatric nursing and improved access to mental health crisis teams across the week
- paediatric specialists
- prescribing pharmacist
- tailored support to care and nursing homes
- early intervention for under-fives, over 85s and end of life patients
- direct booking of appointments in out of hours across Thames Valley
- enhanced assessment of cases recommended to attend Emergency Departments or receive a Green ambulance (60 minute) response by a clinician
- improved support for self-care where clinically appropriate
- Improved transfer of patient information and access to care records.
You can be confident that with one call to 111, you will be directed to help that meets your physical, mental or social care needs in a timely and safe manner.