Our outpatient service is here to provide treatment for adults who have complex and long lasting emotional problems, many of whom might also suffer from a personality disorder.
Our treatments include both long and short term work in both group and individual settings.
As a patient we will encourage you to actively join in your treatment in order to get the full benefit.
All of our treatments are designed to help you to think and talk about your thoughts and feelings, and to find ways of managing your problems.
The treatment offered will depend on what best suits your needs, and the waiting times will vary depending on the treatment.
First Level Therapies:
These are short-term therapies which will give you the experience of talking about your thoughts and feelings, and will focus on your current difficulties.
Second Level Therapies:
These are longer-term therapies which you might be offered if you have completed a first level therapy and are thought to be suitable for psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy involves thinking and exploring emotional difficulties, with the aim of helping you to gain insight into your problems.
We also offer:
- Supporters Group (Friends and Family)
Stabilization Drop-in Group
|8:30am - 5:30pm||8:30am - 5:30pm||8:30am - 5:30pm||8:30am - 5:30pm||8:30am - 4:00pm|
Out of hours there is an answer machine for non-urgent messages
What makes us special?
Here is what some of our patients have said about our service:
“The course was brilliant, it taught me many different coping mechanisms to deal with the stress and upset in my life. I am now able to self-sooth. “
“Overall I think it has helped me so much by learning how to deal with the emotions that before would have made me go off and do things I would later regret.”
“The course was fantastic and helped me significantly. I would recommend it to everyone.”
Other information & documentation
Here we have links to our other leaflets and booklets:
• Winterbourne Therapeutic Community Information Booklet
• Berkshire Complex Needs Service: Service Information sheet
• Mentalizing Skills Group information sheet
• Link Group information sheet
• Individual Psychodynamic Psychotherapy information sheet
• Group Analytic Psychotherapy information sheet
• Finding a Focus information sheet
• Emotional Intelligence Skills Group information sheet
• Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy information sheet
• Cognitive Analytic Therapy information sheet
• Anger Management Group information sheet