We work with children up to the age of 19 and their families to improve their chances of living a fulfilling life.
We provide Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and specialist Dietetic services for children throughout Berkshire.
Our therapists will take into account your child’s specific needs when assessing their physical and communication skills.
Our role also includes providing support and training for carers and professional staff.
The areas we specialise in are:
• Occupational Therapy for Children – this team specialises in self-care and play activities to help increase independence, encourage development and prevent disability in your child
• Physiotherapy – this team specialises in assessing and treating children with difficulties that affects their movement and their ability to carry out daily tasks
• Speech and Language Therapy for Children – this team specialises in assessing and supporting children who have speech, language and communication difficulties that affects their ability to talk to others and learn
• Dietetics – this team offers advice on nutrition for children who are not able to eat enough nutrients orally and might require help by feeding though a tube.
When you contact us, a trained call handler will ask you for your details and what you are concerned about so they can direct you to the right service.
The questions they will ask will allow them to complete the referral form on your behalf so they can advise you about the next steps.
If you are ringing for advice they will put you through to our dedicated advice line where you will have the chance to speak to a therapist.
The advice line opening hours are:
• Monday from 8.30am until 12.30pm
• Wednesday 1pm until 5pm
• Friday from 8.30am until 12.30pm
When you speak to one of our therapists we will discuss your concerns and ask for information about your child’s development.
We will often direct you to our online toolkit so that you can find information to help your child.
If it is appropriate, we might suggest that you bring your child in to see us at a location in your local area.
Other information & documentation
You can download the referral form and specific information leaflets through our online toolkit.
The referral form is also available here.