If you need medical treatment urgently and can’t wait until your GP practice opens, you can contact our WestCall team.
Once you’ve dialled 111 and given your details, a doctor will ring you back to discuss your problem and give you support and advice, including:
- How to manage your condition if you don’t need to see a doctor immediately
- A visit to one of our primary care centres Iif you do need to see a doctor immediately, and travelling isn’t a risk, you’ll be asked to visit one of our primary care centres
- A home visit from one of our doctors if you’re not able to travel
- An emergency ambulance to take you to a local hospital
You can access our service if:
- You’re registered with a GP practice in the Berkshire West area (including Newbury, Hungerford, Thatcham, Pangbourne, Lambourn, Tilehurst and Calcot)
- You’re in temporary residence in the Berkshire West area
- You need urgent treatment while travelling through the Berkshire West area
We’re here to provide urgent treatment. If you need to talk about routine treatments, repeat prescriptions or recurrent/non-urgent conditions, please visit your local GP during normal hours.
Contact NHS 111 for further advice, who may refer you on to us.
Using British Sign Language
If you’re unable to hear or use sign language, you can contact NHS 111 through the British Sign Language (BSL) service between 8am and midnight or by textphone on 18001 111.
|Day of the week||Opening times|
|Monday||6.30pm to 8am|
|Tuesday||6.30pm to 8am|
|Wednesday||6.30pm to 8am|
|Thursday||6.30pm to 8am|
|Friday||6.30pm to 8am|
On weekends and Bank Holidays, our service is available from 6.30pm on Friday till 8am on Monday.