Prospect Park Hospital Preceptorship
Based a short journey away from the centre of Reading, we provide a place of nurture and compassion for patients.
Our Mental Health Inpatient service consists of four adult acute, one specialist dementia, one functional older adults ward, one PICU and a Place of Safety.
We also have a library on site, which offers a wide range of resources to help you study and research.
Find out more about Prospect Park (opens a new browser tab)
From your first week induction, to your daily shifts, we’ll provide you with the training and development you need to help our patients, and progress your career – such as:
- Leadership development programmes
- Career clinics
- Involvement in working parties and steering groups
- Job shadowing
- Full induction week
- Local and Trust wide Preceptee networks
- Over 100 free training and development opportunities via our SLATE system
- Six development days
We may also be able to offer secondments and apprenticeship opportunities.
Find out more about our apprenticeships (opens a new browser tab)
Space group sessions
“Run monthly by our Nurse Consultant and HR Manager, our space group sessions provide an opportunity for reflection and to catch up with your colleagues, as well as valuable training, including:
- Place of safety function
- The Duty Senior Nurse role
- Risk & safety planning
- Insight into PICU
- Appraisal preparation & Career planning
- Mental health Act in operation
- Capacity assessment competence
- Wound Care
- MHA tribunal report writing
As well as a joining a welcoming team and a great place to work, we can also offer:
- Salary of £24,907 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Sick leave in your first 12 months service (one month full pay and two months half pay)
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities, including access to our onsite clinical library
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous pension plan
Take a look at our 2020-2021 programme (pdf)
By joining our preceptee programme, you’ll also be joining one of the UK’s leading Mental Health and Community Hospitals as we recently achieved a CQC rating of Outstanding.
Read about our Outstanding CQC rating (opens a new browser tab)
If you’re interested, or you know someone that is, take a look at the application form on the NHS Jobs website and our leaflet for more information.
Apply for our positions on the NHS website (opens a new browser tab)
Get in touch if you have any questions