Woodwork and Pottery volunteer
We're looking for a volunteer to help us with woodwork and pottery sessions in our Therapy Centre at Prospect Park Hospital, Reading.
Our sessions are very popular and are available to patients across all eight of our mental health and learning disabilities wards. Under the guidance of our technical instructor, you'll help and support our patients to make sure they get the most out of the sessions.
This role is ideal for someone who already has experience in woodwork or pottery.
|9am - 12pm||9am - 12pm||9am - 12pm||9am - 12pm||9am - 12pm|
|1pm - 4pm||1pm - 4pm||1pm - 4pm||1pm - 4pm||1pm - 4pm|
Personal characteristics / specification for this role:
- Skill and experience in woodwork / pottery tasks, or willing to learn
- Good interpersonal skills and patience
- Reliable and punctual
- Have responsibility for health, welfare and safety of yourself and others - compliance Health & Safety regulations
This role includes:
- Filling up and emptying the kiln
- Preparing and tidying the craft room
- Making up potter molds with guidance
- Interacting with the patients
We can offer:
- Local induction from a friendly team
- Satisfaction of knowing you have made a positive difference
- An insight into aspects of hospital life
- A reference for future employment or education
If you're interested in this volunteering opportunity, please contact Rob Jones, Technical Instructor, Prospect Park Hospital.
Phone: 01189 605758 or 01189 605170