Volunteer Appointment Champion
A key part of diabetes care is regular check-ups and it is important that patients attend their appointments. We would like your help to encourage attendance at King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor.
We're looking for a volunteer to help at times to suit you (weekdays only) for around 3-4 hours a week.
Personal characteristics/specification for this role:
- Friendly and cheerful disposition
- Good communicator
- A clear understanding of confidentiality
- Have responsibility for health, welfare, and safety of self and others
- Methodical approach to working
This role includes:
- Printing off clinic appointment lists and calling patients to remind them that they have a clinic appointment due
- Recording details with regard to any required changes
- Ad-hoc admin work as directed but primarily around managing appointment attendance
What we can offer:
- Local induction from a friendly team
- An insight into aspects of diabetes