Our staff networks
oWe want to promote equality throughout our workforce and have created a number of networks and ‘task and finish’ groups to support work on specific protected characteristics. Our networks are open to all staff members who want to help promote equality.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans and Queer (LGBTQ) network
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) network
- ‘Time To Change champions’ network
- Transgender working group
- Disability steering group (to be established in 2017)
To support our strategy, we also host quarterly meetings with our directorate Equality Leads.
We also jointly coordinate the Thames Valley LGBT good practice network with Reading University and get involved with annual Reading Pride event.