Our E&D commitments
Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme
We’ve been a Stonewall Diversity Champion since 2011 and take a number of steps to make sure we’re practicing sexual orientation and transgender equality:
- Annually participating in Stonewall’s Workplace Equality Index
- Advertising our job opportunities in the Starting Out careers guide
- Attending networking events to learn about best practice
- Supporting our LGBTQ staff network
- Embedding best practice in sexual orientation equality into our policy and practice
- Working with local employers to improve practice across the Thames Valley
- Attending Reading Pride and delivering health-checks to demonstrate our commitment to the local LGB&T community
- Committing to sexual orientation and gender identity equality
In 2014, 2015 and 2016 we were recognised for our success in promoting sexual orientation equality in employment by being awarded Top 100 employer status by Stonewall.
Time to Change
We signed the Time to Change pledge to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination back in 2013 and have since set up a working group and agreed an action plan to carry this out.
The main objective is to empower people with mental health problems, their friends and families, to talk about the issue confidently and without facing discrimination.