What we have to offer you
We can offer work experience and shadowing in both clinical and non-clinical areas of up to one week.
Please be aware that not all areas of our Trust are suitable for work experience or shadowing and some departments and clinics are unable to accommodate requests.
Who is eligible?
You must be 16 years or older, a resident of the European Union, or hold a suitable work permit or visa that entitles you to work in the UK (these requirements apply even though work experience is unpaid).
If you’re in further or higher education, we expect you to be studying towards a qualification relevant to the field in which you are seeking experience.
How you can apply
- Decide which service you want to apply to (please be aware, not all services are able to support work experience and shadowing).
- Search our A-Z of services for contact information and get in touch with your chosen service.
- Ask whether they are currently offering work experience or placements.
- If they are, download our application form.
- Complete our application form and return it to the service.
- Wait for your application to be approved.
- Receive your confirmation letter from our Work Experience team.
What else is available?
As an alternative to work experience, you may want to consider volunteering. You’ll need to be 18 or older to apply and can find out more on our Voluntary Services page.
We also have an award winning and flexible apprenticeship scheme. To find out more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org